Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Frankenbummer

I just got the word at work that our board of governors are going to be made to vote on some issues of importance. One of these issues surrounds the State Bar's use of technology. Particularly the evil that is internet-filtering.

I would be in charge of this. I would be the man.

Except, I think the internet should be for everyone. Censorship is wrong. And I'd be the censor! I don't like this. But if someone had to be in charge of it, I guess it should be me. Someone who doesn't like censorship is going to give the fairest shake to every user.

Still. I hope this gets knocked out by somebody.

[edit] A little more about this. I like a company with style. Google has style. Apple has style. They're not afraid to be a little funny, or push a good idea. I endeavor to approach my work in a method that echoes the sorts of business I want to deal with. Censorship is abominable.

I joke with my boss, and we often get things done with flair, confidence, and a little style. I don't want to sit on my user-base as the head censor. It's got no style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home