Friday, October 13, 2006

Video Game Demo: Guitar Hero 2

I am a sucker. I like playing a game where I not only don't play Guitar, I will absolutely not become famous because of it. Well, that's just fine by me, because I had a darn good time getting through Guitar Hero 1, and paid no mind to fellows who might have thought me daft or silly.

In impending release next month is Guitar Hero 2, which will, no doubt, continue the wonderful spiral towards fictional awesomeness. In preperation, a demo with four songs was released in PSX Magazine, and I bought the magazine specifically for the demo, which made it into the PS2 as soon as I got home, and began rocking out.

There are four songs: "Shout At The Devil" by Motley Crue (insert umlauts), "You Really Got Me" by Van Halen (originally by the Kinks), "Strutter" by KISS, and "YYZ" by Rush (an instrumental!).

The demo supports two-player interaction, with a change from the original. Now, one person plays the lead, while the other plays an additional part (rhythm on Strutter, bass on everything else). The players share rock meter, points, and special ability. The songs are superb, and have been tweaked somewhat to allow a little bit easier work with hammer ons and pull offs. The songs sound awesome, and play very well.

I'm definately looking forward (and dreading!) to the madness that is GH2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home