Monday, November 06, 2006

ARGH!

I need to catch you folks up on the last week. It's been "a treat". And those of you familiar with sarcasm could probably smell it on that one.

Last week, I got my first major write up at work, and a significant chewing out. I've been late a lot recently, and I really did deserve to get written up. No problems there, actually. Unfortunately, my boss also decided to do a little resetting as far as my user rights and priviledges were concerned, essentially hog-tying me into doing one job at a time, under his strict supervision. Essentially, I'm being micromanaged.

I can work like this. It's not effective for the company, but I can work like this. The problem is, 9/10ths of what I do is now more time consuming, and I don't have the proper access rights to do a lot of it. Many things have become flat-out impossible. For the position of my boss, I can understand: He's limiting the negative impact I could have on the network if I got upset. He's scared in a way, I suppose.

Honestly, I'd never do anything to hurt this place. I had too many good times here. It's been an awesome job. But I don't know how long I can stay here, being stopped from doing a job effectively. It's as terrible a punishment as you could devise: being forced to do what you once did with ease ineffectively.

I hate this, and it's getting exaserbated all the time. Today. TODAY! My boss is on vacation, and didn't tell me. I have to get permission to do almost anything directly from him. And, apparantly, over the weekend, we had e-mail issues, and now we've got a major problem I can't investigate except in the most basic ways.

I couldn't get restricted at a worse time. And everyone is looking to me to provide help, and I can't. It's stupid. And I'm sure, eventually, I'm going to lose my job over it.

Sorry, SBN. It was a good run.

...Anybody need a good web designer/tech support...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home